Wednesday 16 December 2009

Island life



Driftwood burnt with magnifying glass by Rodger Ackling and mad bastard drawings (rather than Terry Pratchet nonsense) from Charles Avery who is obsessed with pickled eggs. I wish i could afford his book. The guy on the right reminds me of Mark Mothersbrugh from Devo. which brings me to my second point.  I watched The Knife playing live yesterday and it made me think differently about live music. It should be a performance! A show. I want to do that besides its a damn fine excuse to don my newly repaired tweed and pour porridge into a drawer. My gran used to feed hot porridge to the birds  when it was cold. She would go out into the garden with a steaming pot and a wooden spoon and fling it everywhere. You used to get it on your shoes and everything. It was my gran who first told me about the tradition of setting porridge in a drawer and then carving it up into squares when it had set. Hence the Tracker bar! no thats not true. Incidentally if your hungry  have a fucking banana!

No comments:

Post a Comment